Obama and McCain faced-off in their second debate last night. For the most part, the debate was a sleeper. But today's buzz centers around some key points that speak to the character and integrity of the candidates:
1. McCain never looked Obama in the eye or addressed him with any respect.
2. McCain never looked the Blacks in the Town Hall audience in the eye or addressed their questions with the same care and attention as the Whites.
3. And even if those views might, just might, be a matter of perception, how about... In a major blunder that blares like neon lights, McCain called Obama "That One" during the debate. I do believe Obama called McCain either "John" or "Senator McCain" the entire night.
4. Obama and the Mrs. stayed to talk to the Town Hall audience. McCain and the Mrs. ran from the building like the place was on fire.
5. And finally... the handshake. That d*mned handshake. The handshake that never happened. McCain tapped Obama on the back as he ran away, and refused to shake Obama's hand. [see video evidence Exhibit A below]
So even if you agree with McCain on the issues (which I don't), how do you reconcile his character and integrity when choosing him? I mean, I have even gotten into the push-polling and election day scare tactics. I haven't even gotten to the "kill Obama" sentiments screamed at the Palin rallies that Palin hasn't taken time to address. The Republican ticket is a Hot. Mess. I'm curious to hear from McCain/Palin supporters, because I just don't get it.